Quality You Can Build on Since 1882
Sustainable forest management for quality products is our commitment to both customers and the environment.
Our lumber products are certified under the rigorous standard of the Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI).
The lands we own and manage and our forestry activities are also certified under the Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI) and follow the processes and procedures of the ISO 14001 Environmental Management System. These standards provide third party verification that our forest management and on-the-ground activities are environmentally responsible and sustainable. Our Maine Woodlands are also certified under FSC Standards.
We are focused on delivering quality products through continuous investment in people and technology. Over the past 5 years, the Sawmill Division has invested $70 Million in ensuring the most up to date technology in its operations. As well, we have invested in time and training employing six sigmas and lean methodology throughout our operations ensuring efficient operations.
- The Kedgwick Sawmill is located in Northern New Brunswick. $13 million was invested to modernize the mill in 2009. The annual production is 80M FBM of spruce, pine and fir (SPF).
- The St. Leonard Sawmill is the largest softwood sawmill of the group. Located in North Western New Brunswick, it produces 340,000,000 FBM of SPF lumber annually which can be found in a wide range of home construction, renovation and industrial applications.
- Producing 40,000,000 FBM of Hardwood lumber every year, Veneer Sawmill's lumber is destined for kitchen cabinet, furniture composites, residential flooring, railroad ties, pallets, and truck floors.
- Acquired in April 2006, Baker Brook Sawmill produces Eastern White Cedar lumber, used mainly in high end fencing products, cedar shims, and other exterior applications.
- Clair Value Added has the capacity of 2 million packs of cedar shims, with a drying capacity of 9 million of Hard Maple, Yellow Birch, Soft Maple and White Cedar.
- Ashland Sawmill, located in North Eastern Maine, produces 130,000,000 FBM of SPF lumber annually. The graded lumber consists mostly of 2x3, 2x4 and 2x6 dimensions, ranging in lengths from 6 to 12 feet.
- Producing 120,000,000 FBM of SPF lumber annually, Sussex Sawmill is focused on delivering quality products through continuous investment in people and the most up-to-date technology.
- Grand Lake Timber Sawmill, located in Chipman, New Brunswick produces 230,000,000 FBM of SPF lumber annually. The various dimensions and lengths produced in Chipman can be found in a wide range of home construction, renovation and industrial applications.
- Located in central Nova Scotia,
the Truro Sawmill produces 112,000,000 FBM of SPF lumber annually. Our graded
lumber consisting mostly of 2x3, 2x4, 2x6 dimensions, ranging in lengths from 6
to 10 feet, can be found in a wide range of home construction, renovation and
- Doaktown white pine Sawmill produces 25 million FBM annually, producing moldings, paneling and painted
value added products.
- Acquired in 1998, the Dixfield Sawmill, located in Western Maine, is the largest producer of Eastern White Pine boards for interior and exterior finish applications. Dixfield produces 88 million board feet annually.